Sunday, March 14, 2010

Illustration Friday - Subterranean

My image for Illustration Friday - Subterranean. I thought of monsters underground. When I personalized "underground monsters", I thought of carrots. For me the carrot is a slightly menacing root vegetable. This is because my youngest son is allergic to raw carrots. When the carrots are cooked an enzyme is destroyed making them safe for consumption.

Illustration Friday - subterranean

The image was created on brown stock using pencil crayons. Hope you enjoy.

...Andrew

Quill Byte brought to you by Andrew Kirkham
©2010

2 comments:

  1. I love his expression. I wish I had been allegic to carrots when I was a kid, then my mom wouldn't have made me eat them.The green looks great on the brown paper.
    ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie - carrots are fine drenched in butter - it's those lousy Boiled Brussel Sprouts that I wished I'd been allergic too.

    ReplyDelete